Friday, July 29, 2011

We are going to Burning Man.

As stated in the beginning of this blog, this Airstream was inherited from my baby brother. He was the kind of guy who loved his festivals, loved grateful dead, loved life more than money. When he first told me about burning man, I thought that it sounded like the worst kind of event and could not think of a thing that I would rather do less. His words were something like, "It is out in the desert where there is not a blade of grass- and looks like the surface of the moon. People create "art" and clothes are optional and it is very hot (about 100 degrees) and crowded. Everyone dances around a man that they light on fire at the end of the week. Oh- and everyone is dirty because there are no showers." OH, hell no.

But then he died before he ever got to go. As much as he was a gipsy- on the road as much as not, the trip from Florida to just north of Reno was never one that he was able to make. And then he got sick and it was out of the question.

So Rick and I have been planning to take some his ashes there and lay them in the temple. In the discussing and planning stages for a few years now, I can not even believe that it is under a month away! For about a year and a half, we have been collecting things that we will need. We have been readying the airstream and even bought a brand new truck to pull it. (because I wanted to get the globetrotter all the way there and BACK) Reading blogs and getting ready. Today I will finish setting up the solar array and build the swamp cooler. And will take some pictures. And, I have to show you the shine on this baby too.

No comments:

Post a Comment